Assists Midwife with:
- Child Maternal Care
- Antenatal Care
I coordinate a team of nine maternal and child health Aboriginal Health Workers (AWH), midwives, doctors and specialists.
I also provide antenatal, postnatal, childhood immunisations and women’s health care at GRAMS.
I work part time in a team consisting of doctors, midwives, a child health nurse and Aboriginal Health Workers (AHW).
I provide antenatal and postnatal care, childhood immunisations, pap smears and other womens health care at GRAMS.
- Specialising in growth and development checks in the 0-5 year age group for Aboriginal children.
- Immunisation of children.
- Completing the purple book checks and other necessary development checks as required on an individual basis to ensure early detection and management of developmental conditions.
- Health promotion advice and monitoring activities to better the health of Aboriginal children and their families.
- Supporting families with complex needs.
- Referring children to specialist services to ensure the best start to life and early learning.
- Liaising with community services to address the impact of issues and deliver a child health service that responds to the needs of our Aboriginal families.